Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Boot Scootin' Learnin"

Hello Everyone!
So sorry it's been a while since  my last post. I have been busy working on a wedding for my dear friend's son.  It is going to be beautiful!! I almost wish I would have chosen party planning as a career, but then again, I would have missed out on all this teaching fun!!
The end of February and early March are wonderful times in Texas.  We always spend a lot of time learning about our state. I decided to create a unit to go along with our already integrated reading and social studies curriculum. I wanted some math, writing and even some science, so this is what I came up with.  I do plan on adding a bit more, but we want to get started with all the learning next week, so I had to quick publish and get it ready.  






a compound word activity







2 different versions of this game- one a bit more challenging

Grab a bag of beans from your pantry!! :)







As you can see there is a huge variety of activities with a western flare. You can pick and choose from over 80 pages and use what works for you!  If you are at all interested and would like a printable

I can't wait to show you how some of the hands on visuals turn out!  
Well, I know this was short, but I've got a ton of decorating to do!!  Love it!!

till next time...
Thanks for taking time to take a peek!! I appreciate you!
Joyfully!
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Nancy,
    I was reading your post and thinking to myself that this is one creative, joyful teacher. I wish I lived in Texas so I could use this fantastic unit. Then I got to the end where you mentioned the unit was free and I have to add extremely generous to the adjectives used to describe you. What a gift you are to the teaching world!!!
    Julie- from California :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I've returned to teaching after being at home. Your blog has helped me in so many ways. What a blessing you are! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! You're so generous and this is a wonderful packet! Can't wait to use it with my littles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not teaching 1st grade, but I love to check out what new creatative unit/things you are working on...as always your students :and coworkers are blessed to have you in their lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wonderful, amazing, and creative material. That is very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This unit is fantastic. My firsties would love it if we were in TX, but we can use parts up here in NJ! :) Thanks for your generosity!
    Lindsey
    Forever First Grade

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!