Monday, December 24, 2012

Smitten With Mittens

Hello Everyone!
My wish for you is that you enjoy some joy and peace this holiday season.  My wish is that you also enjoy this new unit, Smitten With Mittens.  I love to take one piece of literature and center my entire learning environment around it!  After our New Years unit when we get back from break, I thought it would be great to use "The Mitten" by Jan Brett, another of my favorite author/illustrators.  I know kids love her books as well.  I am using this literature to help with retelling, drawing conclusions, interpretations, adding and subtracting, problem solving, and even some quick little science activities.
Here are some pics of a few of the 50 page unit.







6 page problem solving





For your free 50 page mini unit, put on your mittens and click here!


As always, thank you for your support with my attempts at blogging.  You all are the best!!
 Have a wonderfilled week!!

Joyfully!
Nancy

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I really appreciate your creativity and generosity. Wishing you and yours a joyful and magical holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!! Thank you for your inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift on Christmas Morning! Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and talents!
    Swamp Frog First Graders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing. I think my children will enjoy this unit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly a blessing! You have to be one if the most generous persons I "know". It is clear that you have a light that shines brightly in your heart, just like the one that shone brightly on this very day so long ago. Thank you for creating and sharing your amazing units! May you continue to be blessed in the new year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! I like to do mittens and winter things after the Christmas break. This looks like such a great unit with a nice range of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is really cute! Thanks for sharing...I'm your newest follower! :) come check me out when you have a chance..I'm a first grader blogger as well

    Sarah
    Teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO great! We will be doing some of these activities when we get back in January! I really love the simple science activities and the math story problems! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your great work, and so do my kids in the kindergarten ! thanks for sharing it !

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!