Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekly Lesson Plan Template

Hello Everyone!
First of all, thanks for the awesome support on my attempts at blogging!  Your positive comments and questions have been a blessing and an inspiration! 
I have had a few questions about how I fit everything in to our wonderfilled day. I figured the best way to help you would be to show you my weekly lesson plan template.  I know when I first started teaching I wished someone would have helped me get organized and help me plan out the day. Going in to my 30th year of teaching I have learned that I should have a plan, but if we don't finish one activity, it is okay to float over into the next time slot.  Flexibility is the name of the game when it comes to first graders, but you should always have a starting place! :)
  I also know from experience that having books in the hands of my kiddos is one of the most important ways to increase literacy. Since I started doing the "Daily 5," I find that priority addressed. I don't think I will ever go back to just reading groups and "stuff" to just keep the other kids busy.  I find that it helps me to work smarter, not harder.  
I am linking you to an "editable" lesson plan template so you can customize for your needs. Hopefully it will get some of you started! Here are some quick pics.



.
Click here if you are interested in the template! :)


Let me know if there's anything else you want or need!  I'm here to share!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great template! I've been fiddling about for years, trying to get something that really suits. I can definitely modify this to suit my needs - so THANK YOU! I am very new to the world of blogging and am currently running a giveaway. I would love it if you could hop over and say hi!
    Wendy

    Teacher's Toolkit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy looking at other teacher's lesson plan templates. Thank you for sharing. I have a question - can you e-mail me and explain Tune-Up Tues. and Think Outside the Box Thurs.? Thanks!!
    Storie
    atozscrapbook@gmail.com
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so amazing when a talented and organized teacher shares her hard work. It is such a help to other teachers out there who may not have the same level of talent or struggle to be organized. Which of course benefits all the children they teach. What a great way to touch so many children's lives! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really useful! Creating new lesson plans is like an ongoing jigsaw puzzle I almost keep finishing. I've been download materials from TES Lesson Plans which are free but I still need to format them. Thanks for the guide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work. This lesson plan has everything I need and haven't been able to make work when I (try) to create a lesson plan document. So very nice of you to share. Your blog is great BTW...I'm a new follower for sure!

    rene'
    A Passion For Primary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing!! I met with my first grade team today and we discussed how nice it would be to be able to have a template for weekly lesson plans. This is such a treasure! Blessings,
    Success in First

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for ur sharing. ur lesson plan template is exactly what I need :).

    "When I 1st started teaching I wished someone would have helped me get organized & help me plan out the day." => I felt the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this! I have been looking all over for a template I can edit. I'm not very good with creating documents, so this will be great for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just starting the Daily 5 and found your lesson plan template. Thank you so much - this is a tremendous help! I am intrigued by your morning warm ups. Could you explain what the children do on each day.
    Thanks, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your wonderful template.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi thank you for sharing your template!
    After I have download it, how do I make changes? Sorry for such a silly question...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you mind sharing what "magazine Monday" "tune up Tuesday", etc. is?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you SO much for sharing this! I was getting frustrated trying to make one from scratch. This is definitely appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is very little free time for teachers even outside of the classroom, leaving educators constantly on the lookout for useful ways to make their job more convenient and effective. Find these lesson planning templates which are extremely helpful in creating lesson plans for free.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!