Saturday, June 2, 2012

Think Outside the Box

Hello Everyone!
It seems like forever since I've posted, but the craziness of the end of the school year about did me in! Phew!!  This year, not only did I have to say goodbye to my 24 little sweeties, but also three of my team mates (who are more than team mates to me), and I am packing up my classroom and moving down the hall. Talk about feeling like I'm in limbo! WOW!
Anyway, mushing onward!  I know many of my kids' favorite morning warm up this past year was our "Think Outside the Box Thursday." I had some of the most creative kids ever this year!!  If you are one of them, you are about to be so happy because I have included some new ones in this post for you to print off and work on this summer!!!  Have mom click on the link below and you will be all set!! If you are a teacher reading this, I hope you have fun with this! My kids love doing them and it almost becomes a competition to see if we can get 24 different creative ideas!! :) It's a great way to warm up those little brains!!

Stop by again soon as I share some more of the learning experiences from my first grade classroom!

Joyfully!
Nancy

9 comments:

  1. I so appreciate everything that you share with us!! You are wonderful!! Thank you so much!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful and exciting teacher! It makes me want to be a student in your class! Keep up sending the fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa and Tammie,
    I love sharing ideas! I am so glad you can use some of them!! :) HUGS! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog...your students are lucky to have such a creative teacher. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing! I am so excited I found your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! It may be a bit of a stretch but one of my favorite read alouds is "Not a Box". It is a very simple picture book, but builds on one's imagination. Could tie in nicely with this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    I am a first year teacher and I would like to thank you for posting such fantastic items and ideas. I am slowly figuring out how I want my classroom to run and this simple yet effective Bell Work item will help me to be more organized and have the kids ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this great resource- I look forward to using it with my Firsties this fall:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. no more getting bored to do homework, it turned out to be FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!