Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reading Log

Hello Everyone!
Just a quick share today!  I am still working on moving my classroom.  With the air off in the building, ugh! It gets pretty steamy!
Anyway, today I wanted to share our reading log.  Our first graders are required to read at least 10 minutes every evening.  They keep a reading log in their binders and record every book they read.  We send home leveled readers but kiddos can, of course, read other books as well!  Families work on reading 
TO their first graders, 
WITH their first graders or listen to their first graders read
 BYthemselves. That is documented as well. All are important!
We value the support we get from home and love watching our firsties grow so much in their skills as readers!  The home/school connection is immeasurable!!  Thanks moms, dads, grandmas, and grandpas!!!

I hope my kids are reading over the summer!!  I think I will check on them! :)

Joyfully!
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Is there any way that the mistake ("or listen the") could be fixed prior to downloading? I appreciate your sharing and I hate to point this out but I always want people to let me know if I make a mistake! :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T! Thank you sooooo much for pointing out the typo!!! Late night! I have fixed and republished it so it is ready for downloading!! You are awesome to point that out! It takes a village sometimes! :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy...I would love to have a copy of both the first and second grade reading logs. I have tried multiple times, but I have not been able to download. Would you mind sending to me?
    izzi2727lbi@hotmail.com
    Many thanks.
    Beth Bradley - Literacy Interventionist

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!