Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Daily Five Song ! :)

Hello Everyone!
It is not a secret that I love the Two Sisters Daily Five set up for my literacy block.  It is my goal this summer to share some of my organizational strategies that I have found to be successful with my firsties.  One of my favs is our Daily Five Song.  I use this to get kids going on their dailies.  By the time we're finished singing the song, each kiddo should be settled in and ready to begin their first Daily, or transitioning to the next choice.   After learning the words and adding the poem to our poetry folders, transitions are a breeze! As we get into the routine of things, sometimes we even just hum the tune (The Ants Go Marching).  It works!  Stay tuned for more!

Let's get reading!
Joyfully!
Nancy

10 comments:

  1. I find this absolutely ADORABLE! What a great way to transition into Daily 5! :) I really would like to do some more singing next year!

    Ms. Wilkie's Second Grade Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Daily 5, too! I've been using the Daily 5 during my literacy block for six years now and I'll never go back! I love your song. Great transition for the kiddos.
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pumped for your tips! I am trying Daily 5 this fall. Love the little song, as well! I will be looking for more posts about how you manage it all. Thanks in advance!

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Thanks for getting on the "Google Docs train!!!" So much easier than Scribd...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ended up having so many of my docs going into archive in Scribd. I didn't realize that would happen! Thanks for your patience with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just found your blog. I am your newest follower. I would love to have you visit my blog.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful creations! What tune do you use for this song?

    ReplyDelete
  8. K-
    The Daily five song goes to the tune of "The Ants go Marching" Are you familiar with that oldie??
    :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of the song for transition to Daily 5. This will really get them excited too! Thanks for sharing, I find your stuff amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Daily 5 Song. Thanks for sharing!
    Melissa B.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!