Wednesday, June 20, 2012

CAFE Menu Board

Hello Everyone!
Just moved the rest of my "30 years of teaching stuff" to my new room!  Oh My Aching Back!  Now to organize it all and put it all back together!  Fun times!!  No, seriously, I loooove decorating a new room! I am going to continue with my western cowboy theme since I've invested way too much already.  I decided to make some new western style CAFE signs for my board.  Are you familiar with CAFE?  If you are doing Daily 5, you have probably heard of CAFE.  If not, it's not too late!  Pick up a copy of The CAFE Book by Boushey and Moser and dig in!  The Sisters present a way to engage all your readers in the areas of Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, and Expanding Vocabulary.  Using it along with Daily 5 is a perfect combination.  To get you started, I'm sharing my new CAFE board.  I'll take some pics when I get it all put up, But here are a few snippets. You can click below to get your free 20 page printable.




There are pages for each heading, and all the strategies to build literacy in your students.
I love the Sisters!!


Let me know if you have any questions!!!
OH! A friend caught a minor typo in my Reading log. (I hate typos!UGH!) If you've already downloaded it, check again for the new one.

Have a wonderful and joyfilled day!!
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent my day moving 26 years of teaching stuff to my new room today, so I know your pain! My new room is a total disaster right now. I am waiting until next week to start the organizing. Good luck getting yours organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nancy, How much would you charge to make a set of these with a monkey theme?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nancy,

    I'm having trouble downloading and trying to print these out. They open onto Googledocs, but refuse to let me print or download. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zahra,
    Send me your e-mail and I will personally send them to you. Some school districts will not allow downloads from googledocs. Are you using your school e-mail?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!